An Online Gathering to Learn How to Address Individual, Ancestral, and Collective Trauma from Speakers, Artists, and Visionaries
“Trauma is not just a personal experience. It is always embedded in a much wider chain of events and history. Examining our collective trauma is the way to tap into the evolutionary intelligence of humanity.”
– Thomas Hübl
The fifth annual Collective Trauma Summit was held from September 26 to October 4, 2023, with over 70 contributors examining emerging trends in collective trauma work to inspire action for healing individual, ancestral, and collective trauma.
As always, the recordings are available for purchase for anyone who wasn’t able to attend live.
Nearly 80,000 participants from over 120 countries around the world gathered to create a collective healing container for humanity and soak up wisdom, experience, inspiration, and insights from over 70 teachers, coaches, authors, artists, activists, and leading experts in trauma, self-care, health & wellness, mindfulness, and more.
Here are some of the many invaluable topics in this year’s Summit:
How collective and ancestral trauma surface in individual therapy, collective therapy models, and more.
Transforming challenges into post-traumatic learning and resilience in humanitarian work, refugee aid, and more.
Spiritual Trauma and Healing
Work that restores our innate connection after spiritual wounding and how this connection greatly resources us for additional healing
Explorations in collective liberation and restorative justice; trauma-informed approaches to advance racial equity.
The growing need for trauma-informed climate activism and natural disaster relief work; working with anxiety, overwhelm, and disassociation to shift into effective activism, highlighting informative science
Trauma-Informed Media, Tech, Economy, and Leadership
Shifting from systems that trigger toxic anger, fear, separation, and defensiveness to systems that are intelligent reflections of the underlying collective trauma, informing the collective body and bringing the world closer.
Art, Music, and Integration Practices
Acknowledging the necessity of art, music, and somatic therapies in healing and integrating trauma.
Acclaimed Poets joined for illuminating conversations and poetry readings.
This year’s Summit featured some of the world’s leading collective trauma experts, and luminaries including:
- Dr. Gabor Maté, Physician, and Author of The Myth of Normal
- Ayọ Tometi, Co-Founder #BlackLivesMatter, Human Rights Leader
- Stephen Gyllenhaal, Founder, Identity Development Institute and Filmmaker
- Chelsea Handler, Comedian, Television Host, Six-Time NYT Best-Selling Author and Advocate
- Dr. Dan Siegel, Executive Director, Mindsight Institute
- Danielle LaPorte, Creator of the Heart Centered Leadership Program and Author of How to Be Loving
- Ada Limón, Poet Laureate of the United States
- Peter A. Levine, PhD, Founder, Ergos Institute of Somatic Education and Somatic Experiencing International
- Alanis Morissette, Wholeness Advocate,Thought Leader, and Grammy Award-Winning Singer-Songwriter
- Alok Vaid-Menon, Artist
- Shelly Tygielski, Trauma-Informed Mindfulness Teacher and Founder, Pandemic of Love
- Michael B. Beckwith, Founder and CEO, Agape International Spiritual Center, Author of Life Envisioning
- Tjada D’Oyen McKenna, Chief Executive Officer of Mercy Crops
- Dr. Joy A. Degruy, Educator, Best-Selling Author, and Activist for Humanity
- Richard Schwartz, PhD, Internal Family Systems Therapy Founder
- Sarah Edmondson, Actor, Podcast Host, Author and Speaker
- Jerry Tello, Internationally Recognized Speaker, Healing Practitioner, and Community Elder
- Britt Wray, PhD, Author and Researcher at the Forefront of Climate Change and Mental Health
- Ohad Naharin, Choreographer, Gaga Movement Originator
- Carolyn Forché, Award Winning Poet of Witness, Human Rights Advocate, and National Book Award Finalist
- Ed Yong, Pulitzer-winning Author of An Immense World
- Deb Dana, LCSW, Author, Consultant, and Developer of the Rhythm of Regulation Training Series
- Lama Rod Owens, Black Buddhist Southern Queen
- Rabbi Dr. Tirzah Firestone, Author, Jungian Psychotherapist, and Renowned Jewish Scholar
- Dr. Lyla June Johnston, Indigenous Musician, Author, and Community Organizer
- Eileen Fisher, Founder, EILEEN FISHER, Inc.
- And many more
The Summit also included a Poetry Festival with eight highly acclaimed poets:
- Ada Limón, Poet Laureate of the United States
- Pádraig Ó Tuama, Distinguished Irish Poet, Theologian and Mediator, and Podcast Host: Poetry Unbound
- Claudia Rankine, Award-winning Poet and Author
- Andrea Gibson, Poet, Author, and Speaker
- Jericho Brown, Pulitzer Prize-winning Poet
- Natasha Trethewey, United States Poet Laureate (2012-2014), Pulitzer Prize-Winning Poet
- Jake Skeets, Poet, American Book Award Winner
What Participants are Saying about the Summit
“Truly a transformational summit!” – Louise L.
“Because of the sheer volume of speakers/performances I just had to purchase the upgrade so I can see/hear all of these amazing people who are working collectively to heal humanity!” – Angelique R.
“The summit was superb – I learned so much and am truly inspired by the amazing people who so vulnerably shared their stories. I feel empowered now to explore the various ways in which I might be able to use my gifts to participate and contribute in the collective healing movement.” – Teresa A.
“This is the most fab summit offering. I am impressed with how organized it is, how relevant the topics are… I am so grateful to have purchased and have access whenever. There are so many powerful topics and speakers – I have been really enjoying Thomas Hübl’s daily intros and the intensive, comprehensive bonus of the Understanding Collective Trauma course. Grateful also that all these wonderful people have chosen to share their insights, and to Thomas and the team that envisioned the conference and do all that is necessary to make it happen.” – Selena F.
The 2023 Collective Trauma Summit: Creating a Global Healing Movement Upgrade Package is now available for purchase. The collection includes downloadable video, audio, and transcript access to over 70 expert talks and panel recordings, 30 speaker bonuses, PLUS Understanding Collective Trauma Course with Thomas Hübl and the Meditation Collection to Regulate the Nervous System, Metabolize Stress, and Reduce Overwhelm.
These recordings and bonus materials provide great benefits for health professionals, organizational leaders, therapists, as well as anyone wanting to understand this topic deeply for personal reasons.
Every purchase of the upgrade package goes to support the creation of this event as well as The Pocket Project, a non-profit organization dedicated to healing collective trauma and reducing its effects on our global culture.