Science & Nonduality Conference
with Thomas Huebl
The Mystery of Being Human – Science & Nonduality Conference 2018
October 24 to 28, 2018
Thomas Hübl’s contribution will take place on October 27.
Venue: Dolce Hayes Mansion, 200 Edenvale Ave., San Jose, CA 95136, USA
For most of human history we’ve been trying to comprehend who we are through the lens of spiritual traditions. Then the Age of Enlightenment ushered in science, giving us a powerful new way to look at ourselves. New disciplines such as cognitive neuroscience, evolutionary psychology, quantum physics and genetics are delivering fascinating findings, redefining our view of reality and human nature. At the same time there is a new conversation emerging in spirituality. We are challenging the traditional view of spirituality as esoteric, transcendent and removed from daily life.
This year at SAND we will be bringing together some of the brightest minds in science along with spiritual teachers from various traditions, to expand and deepen our understanding and experience of what it means to be human. Through these two lenses – of science and spirituality – we will be asking:
- What does it means to be fully human and fully alive?
- What can evolutionary biology, neuroscience, and psychology tell us about human behavior?
- What are emotions, and how does trauma lodge in our bodies?
- How does language shape the way we think and perceive reality?
- What can we learn from the new science of psychedelics?
- How are mathematics, physics and cosmology redefining reality?
Other speakers are:
Rupert Spira, Robert A.F. Thurman, Hameed Ali (A. H. Almaas), Karen Johnson, Deepak Chopra, Daniel Siegel, Francis Lucille, Peter Levine, Fritjof Capra, Charles Eisenstein, Geshe Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche, Jean Houston, Zhenzan Dao