- This event has passed.
Covid and Collective Trauma
With Thomas Hübl
Covid and Collective Trauma – Online Conference on January 31, 2021
Organizer: the Weekend University, London
Explore how these groundbreaking approaches can help us heal from the collective trauma of COVID-19.
Lectures & Speakers:
- Healing Collective Trauma – Thomas Hübl
- The Science of Building Resilience for COVID-19 – Dr Joel Vos, PhD
- Ensuring Post Traumatic Growth Post Pandemic – Dr Sousan Abadian
In this series of talks, we’ll explore:
- Healing Collective Trauma; the science of cultural and intergenerational trauma, how this phenomenon affects groups just as acutely as it does individuals, and how the Collective Trauma Integration Process (CTIP) can be applied to heal from the collective trauma caused by COVID-19 – Thomas Hübl
- The Science of Building Mental Resilience; the latest psychological research into COVID-19, how the crisis is impacting our mental health and sense of meaning in life, and how we can improve our psychological and social resilience both during and after COVID-19 – Dr Joel Vos
- Post Traumatic Growth; what we can learn from indigenous peoples who have experienced continuous collective traumas at the hands of European settlers, how their experiences can teach us to utilize this period as a time of breakthrough, and how you can apply the new science of post traumatic growth to make your ‘new normal’ a ‘better normal’ – Dr Sousan Abadian
We are living in unprecedented times.
COVID-19 has plunged us into the depths of a global crisis, the likes of which we haven’t seen since World War Two.
Almost overnight, we’ve been thrown into social isolation, lost loved ones, experienced redundancies, and had some of our most basic freedoms taken away.
All of this is contributing to a kind of ‘collective trauma’, which is affecting our mental health and wellbeing on a planetary scale.
As we adjust to our ‘new normal’, research is showing that rates of depression, anxiety and suicide are on the rise – particularly among vulnerable groups.
What can we do about this?
How can we best heal from the collective trauma we are all experiencing? And might it be possible to emerge from the crisis stronger than we were before it began?
These are just some of the questions the speakers will discuss at The Weekend University this month.
Event Schedule (London time):
10:00am – 12:00pm: Healing Collective Trauma – Thomas Hübl
12:00 – 1:00pm: Lunch break
1:00pm – 3:00pm: The Science of Building Resilience for COVID-19 – Dr Joel Vos, PhD
3:00pm – 3:30pm: Afternoon break
3:30pm – 5:00pm: Post Traumatic Growth – Dr Sousan Abadian, PhD